design_ade

Rants and cool stuff about design and general crafty-ness.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Ephemera NOW, goddamit!

Ok, I am obsessed with this site. http://www.ephemeranow.com/new.htm

I also got a book for Christmas called Yesterday's Tomorrow. It was a book based on an exhibit. http://www.yesterdaystomorrows.org/

Where are the silver jumpsuits and flying cars we were promised? Of course, I HAVE lived some of this.... like the homes of tomorrow. My Mom grew up in Levittown (the PA version) and I actually spent the first 10 years of my life livng in a geodesic dome. Seriously. I am not kidding. And if I had tons of money, I would live in a Neutra house.

Ok, so why am I so obsessed with the past... Well, not sure I am. Perhaps it is more that those visions of our future were so creative and optimistic. I just enjoy looking at them. Reality today is so stark and serious. I would like to inject some more retro-kitch into my life. It can't hurt...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home